AV-Comparatives has released its 2015 OS X review/test report, comparing 10 products. Its remit is far wider than the malware protection test (consisting of 105 samples that OS X Yosemite doesn’t or didn’t block), including:
- Operating systems supported
- Additional features a firewall or anti-phishing capability
- Installation/deinstallation options and issues.
- Interface aspects and issues
- Operating system integration
- Whether a user with a standard user account can disable the protection.
- Scanning options
- The quality of the help facilities.
Unusually, the type of alert shown when the EICAR test file and various features on the AMTSO Security Features pages are accessed.
On a quick scan, it looks like AV-Comparatives has done its usual thorough job.